Corporate Fact Sheet
A privately held Delaware C corporation with a minority stake owned by CNET (CBS Interactive).
Tradeloop’s mission is help improve the IT secondary computer market. Not only by providing an efficient trading platform, but also through initiatives to solve the problems of fraud, counterfeiting, sustainability, e-Waste, data breaches, and through legislative efforts to give consumers the right to repair their digital devices.
An exclusive, safe, and efficient online trading network for secondary computer dealers.
Used, off-lease, refurbished computers, servers, component parts and peripherals.
Tradeloop Corporation 1337 Massachusetts Ave Suite 222 Arlington, MA 02476
- Integrity – Providing a safe trading environment for dealers
- Dependability – Making the best use of technology for fast and reliable service
- Stability – Forging a strong legacy of constant growth and profitability
- Fairness – Partnering with the community to set standards and monitor the trading ethics
The leading ITAD’s, recyclers, computer leasing companies, and others are members of Tradeloop. We have ongoing working relationships with the main organizations, associations, and service providers in the industry, including our competition. We are members of the key trade associations, attending and often speaking at the major conferences. We provide anonymized data to several academic/NGO organizations for research into sustainability issues and have established procedures for dealing with legal requests and law enforcement, due to our key role in managing ethics disputes for the industry.
- 1995 – Invention of the web provides opportunity to implement a “Trading Floor” for used electronics components.
- 1997 – The first site is launched, requiring us to build our own database, application server, and every other piece of required internet technology which was not yet commercially available.
- 1997 – Tradeloop invents and launched the first web-based “trading floor” for computer parts.
- 1997 – Tradeloop develops the first (that we know of) automated “upload your inventory” by email, in any industry.
- 1998 – The Digital Dealers Association endorses Tradeloop as official trading network.
- 1999 – Tradeloop launches first web-based (non “listserve”) Broadcast service.
- 2000 – Tradeloop raises investment capital creates scalable load balanced infrastructure based on an Oracle database.
- 2001 – Tradeloop’s steady growth if followed by profitability.
- 2002 – The Ethics Committee is formed and the first (and only?) online ethics process for hearing disputes and voting is introduced.
- 2003 – Tradeloop acquires a competing site called VendorBase, from CNET Networks Inc with CNET taking a minority share in the business.
- 2004 – EU Sales office opened around the time Facebook is founded.
- 2004 – First “mobile only” version of a trading site in our space.
- 2005 – Tradeloop celebrates ten years in business, and continues steady growth and Profits.
- 2006 – Computer parts catalog turned into the first user-definable wiki of it’s kind.
- 2007 – Migration to a modern database makes Tradeloop faster and more stable.
- 2009 – First trading site to add social networking features, enabling “custom trading partner” lists.
- 2010 – Membership Committee formed to help police and assist with account verifications.
- 2011 – Modern front-end added to site. Anti-counterfeiting agreement ratified.
- 2013 – The “Refurbishers Initiative” started with industry partners to offer nonprofits free tools to help bring technology to the disadvantaged.
- 2015 – Standards for grading, warranty disclosure, disclosure of device data destruction state, and conformance to software licensing are introduced.
- 2015 – Tradeloop joins Right to Repair movement with a seat on the Board.
- 2015 – Architecture is ported to AWS and two racks of servers are responsibly disposed.
- 2016 – A modernized front-end is launched to provide a simplified UI for public users.
- 2017 – Development on a multi-stakeholder Blockchain Initiative to revolutionize trading and the supply chain begins.
- 2018 – A modernized front-end for the members-only site, GDPR Compliance.